In the beauty world, the debate between builder gel and traditional nail polish is more than just a matter of choice—it's about understanding the benefits and limitations of each and making an informed decision about your nail care regime. First up, it's important to note that they are two completely different products - let's delve into the differences, advantages, and professional aspects of these two popular nail finishes.
Traditional Nail Polish: The Go-To for DIY Enthusiasts
Traditional nail polish has been a staple in cosmetic routines for around 100 years, offering an easy and quick way for individuals to express their style through a variety of colours.
- Ease of Use: It can be applied at home with minimal skill required.
- Colour Range: Available in an extensive palette to match every outfit or occasion.
- Flexibility: Easy to change, allowing for frequent updates to your nail colour.
- Cost-Effective: An affordable option for those who like to update their nails regularly.
However, the downside includes its shorter lifespan on the nails (lasts for days not weeks), susceptibility to chipping, and the need for regular maintenance.
Builder Gel: Elevating Nail Art which lasts for weeks
Builder Gel represented a leap forward in nail technology, providing a robust, long-lasting solution for those seeking more than just colour from their manicure. Here are some of the features and benefits:
- Professional Application: Requires a trained technician for application, ensuring precision and durability - also requires curing under a UV lamp.
- Longevity: Offers a chip-resistant finish that lasts weeks, not days.
- Strength: Enhances nail strength, making it ideal for weak or brittle nails.
- Customisation: Allows for creative designs and nail extensions beyond natural nail length.
- The use of HEMA Free formulas further underscores our commitment to nail health and innovation - reducing the risk of allergic reactions and ensuring a safer manicure.
The Professional Edge: Why Training Matters
The distinction between builder gel and traditional polish also lies in the skill required for application. Applying builder gel correctly requires a deep understanding of nail anatomy, product chemistry, and curing techniques — knowledge, best acquired through professional training. Courses like the one offered by our Head of Education with Charli Jepson not only equip nail technicians with the necessary skills but also keep them abreast of the latest trends and safety standards in nail care.
Making the Choice: Lifestyle and Preferences
Traditional polish might suit those who enjoy regularly changing their nail colour at home. In contrast, builder gel is tailored for individuals seeking a durable, low-maintenance option who want to engage the services of a professional nail technician.
The evolution of nail care products in recent years offers consumers a choice to suit every need and preference. While traditional nail polish remains a beloved classic for its versatility and ease of use, builder gel emerges as a superior solution for durability and professional finish. If you’re keen to elevate your builder gel game, check out our training section here.